Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Friday, February 27, 2009

Spelling comes first

Last night was my night to do yoga. Morgan had class so he didn't get home until 7 last night, so I thought I was going to be able to do my workout before he even got home. WRONG. Seth has a spelling test today, and he has been not doing so well in that area. So I was thinking well I can be doing yoga and going over his spelling words with him at the same time. WRONG AGAIN. I started doing yoga and reading out his words to him and then he would write them down. But then when he didn't know something he would get very frustrated. So going over spelling words is something that needed my complete attention last night, so I only got to do about 1/4 of my workout. But at least I did something. So I stopped and gave him my complete attention. When Seth gets frustrated the only way for him to learn is for me to make it funny to him. So I sounded like a fool last night with different way to get him to remember what letters go together. But it was all worth it because this morning on the way to school he could spell every word on the first try. Now hopefully he doesn't freeze when it comes to the test. I think I made him confident enough that he won't get nervous. Heres hoping, we told him that if he got at least a 70% even though we wanted 100, that we would take him swimming at the rec center. So anyways I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I know he will do well. All for now.

Will post after my workout today

4 comments:

  1. Jessica,

    Family is priority #1. I'm very proud that you made Seth your priority. And I was also glad to read of your Tuna for Ash Wednesday (and also fish on Fridays!). Glad to be able to stop and read your blog and stay in touch. Sorry to read of the problems in the area. NO one is exempt, but gives us something to pray for. Peace and Love, Uncle Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, I can't imagine you being goofy with Seth...I can just picture his sweet smile and hear his adorable laugh. Good choice, maybe you can make up the work out time at the rec center in the pool doing laps, you were always such a graceful swimmer. Love you..love reading the daily blog...makes it seem you arent so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi You Two,
    Sorry but I didnt know how to follow your post ,so saw your Mom today and clued me in.

    So you two keep up the good work,would tell you about me but the old body don't want to respond,but maybe before Easter I can get some your will power.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a great mommy! Page does really well in spelling, but we were battling over pronouns last night. I didn't know what the heck a possessive prounoun was and sure didn't know how to convince Page what it was either....
    thank heavens for Homework Hotline (aka friends who are teachers!)

    ReplyDelete