Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 1 of 90

So I decided to start blogging, for many reasons. First off to keep in touch with my family and let them know how I am doing. Secondly, Morgan and I have started the P90x program and today was our first day. We are both trying to loose weight and we ordered this workout system that we do at home. You can read more about it at www.beachbody.com. But anyways I joined The Biggest Loser competition two weeks ago today and had my first weigh in today. I have lost 4.2 pounds.....YEAH ME....36 more to go. Morgan decided to join me in my weight lose goals as support for me and for his own fitness. This is my way to hopefully motivate others who are trying to loose weight, and also to have some accountability on my part. The P90X system tells you exactly what workout (it comes with 12 different workouts) to do on what day and it also tells you what to eat. However the eating plan is kinda expensive so we are modifying it to fit our schedules So like I said, today was our first day doing P90X and tonight we had to do the Chest and Back video as well as the Ab RipperX. About half way through the chest and back video all Morgan and I could say was Ouch. It was very challenging and we weren't able to do everything that the video was doing but we will get there. This video was basically all pull ups and push ups with a few dumb bell exercises. Morgan is going to build a pull up bar this weekend. I am going to continue to use dumbbells and resistance bands instead until my upperbody gets stronger. I made us baked chicken, edamame peas(not sure how to spell it) and a nice salad for dinner. We have also started taking lots of vitamins to keep our bodies nurished with the extreme workouts that we are doing.

From the reviews that I have read about this program some people start seeing results within the first two weeks. We took out before pictures last night...and we are supposed to take them every 30 days. So I am hoping that by the time we go on our honeymoon (we are planning on leaving the 14th of march and coming back ont he 21st) we will have noticable results. Once we get comfortable with ourselves we will post some before and after pictures.

Morgan and I were sitting on the couch this evening and he leaned over to give me a kiss and tell me how great we did at our workout. But when we stayed in that leaned over position for awhile I asked him what was wrong and he said that he couldn't lean himself back the other way.

I know that I am not the best at writing and keeping it interesting. But I will be blogging for the next 90 days to track my progress and keep myself motivated. Wish us luck. I can't wait for plyometrics X tomorrow night (jump training).

Well it is time to hit the shower for now. Goodnight

7 comments:

  1. To The Morgan's,
    It look great to us and as a writer you can write in my book anytime.
    And should you not be in bed at ten.Love you all You know who

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Jess and Morgan! I know that ya'll will do great! I need to lose weight as well....I'm just not motivated right now. I can't wait to see how you're doing by reading up on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey guys! Your blog is great. You'll enjoy going back and remembering all the little things.
    I should have warned you to becareful what your http name was...you may get lots of hits from people searching for the indoor playarea called Pump It Up or some weirdos looking for some "enhancements". lol
    Good luck with your training-reading your post is making me go to bed instead of eating another row of girl scout cookies that I so badly want to eat! love you both

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, I think Papa meant the Tomlinsons not the Morgans...gotta love him, he's your Papa!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, California is very happy to be connected with you in this way. STaying healthy is a goal for us all. God bless, Uncle Tim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Jess and Morgan,I want to thank the person that corected me.

    Poppa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    Still waiting for the big uodate on your weight loss. Poppa

    ReplyDelete