Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Starting this week over

So I am starting this week over, not the whole program (although before I go home in octocber I might try to start the whole program over). I got off track this last weekend, I had full intentions to do my workouts and to get up early to make sure they got done. However I have not worked out int he last week. So I started the week over again this morning. So now I am half way done again. Next week is my rest week, not sure why they call it a rest week because those weeks are all cardio so I find the workouts a little more intense. I think we have decided to go to Hemphill next weekend for the 4th of July celebration. Would it be wrong to dress the kids in the Canada Day wear that my mom sent down? I personally think it would be hilarious. Anyways I did try to start me week over again on Monday but you see I had a little accident on Monday night during my workout. I was doing the Back and Bicep workout. i use resistance bands instead of weight for two reasons. 1. because they don't cost as much as buying a whole set of weights 2. i can pack them up and bring them with me a whole lot easier. The only thing wrong with resistance bands that I have found out is that after you have used them for awhile they start to get these little tears in them. When you still use them with these tears in them they sometimes break. Well let me tell youwhen they break when you have the resistance set really REALLY tight and you are doing a congdon curl (which is a bicep curl that you do but you bring your arms out in front of you to do the curl so you are curing up towards your face) and it breaks with the curl pointed directly at your nose..it HURTS....BAD. So we went and bought another resistance band (thanks goodness they are only $10) but I have been a little nervous to do the moves that I need to do. So I got over my fear this morning. I have done my workout and I will go to my Fat Blaster class this evening. I do have a small bruise on my nose and a little bump. I am just thankful that I didn't end up with 2 black eyes likeI though I would. Anyways I now have 45 minutes to shower and blowdry my hair and get dressed and make a lunch and eat breakfast and get out the door to work. So I will post again later... Love you all

2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, Yes...please use the Canada Day stuff I sent...I think Ray & Fayrene would find it hilarious!!! Even Lady can be in Canadian style! Do bring them some coffee too if Morgan will part with it.
    Love you and your bruised nose!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, OUCH! You might ask the company about how long these bands should last, maybe they're defective. They would probably send you FREE replacment for telling them. Happy Indepence Day (Canada) July 1st belated! Love to you all, Uncle Tim

    ReplyDelete